Contact us

The Contact centre standard opening hours are Mon - Thurs 8.30am - 5pm and Friday 8.30am - 3.40pm. Please note some services close at 4.30pm. 

Requests and enquiries

Many of our services have online forms which allow you to access services at a time that is convenient to you.

twitterWe have twitter support available.

If you require to contact us outside our standard office hours please use the numbers below.

Social Care Direct - adults and children

0131 200 2324
[email protected]

Locality Offices

Find contact details for your local office

Administrative Headquarters

4 East Market Street

Council Headquarters

City Chambers
High Street

If you need to contact us please check the phone number for the service you require.

Website enquiries

If you have questions or issues with our new registration and sign in process, or any of our online services, please email [email protected] 

Comments and complaints

Find out how to give feedback on our services

Service for hard of hearing and deafened people

You can contact us via Next Generation Text service (NGT) by dialing 18001 + the required telephone number free of charge but standard network rates for your phone provider may apply. Please check with your provider. More information about NGT.

Service for Deaf people

To use British Sign Language interpreting service free of charge to contact us, log on via ContactSCOTLAND-BSL or use their app

Interpretation and translation

If you need information in another language please contact our Interpretation and Translation Service.