Report noise from neighbouring residential properties

If you are being disturbed in your home by noisy neighbours you should contact the police on 101 when the noise is happening. The kinds of noise could be

  • neighbours playing loud music or TV or having parties
  • neighbours banging or shouting

You can contact the Police Force Control Centre on 101, any time of the day, 7 days a week. This service is run in partnership with Police Scotland and ourselves. Once you have contacted the police an officer will be in contact with you to discuss the matter further.

If you have an ongoing problem with disturbances with any of the above situations and would like to speak to someone to get advice you can contact your locality office and ask to speak to Family and Household Support (8.30am to 5pm Mon – Thurs and 8.30a. – 3.50pm Fri). 

One of the ways in which Family and Household Service may be able to help is to offer meditation to resolve any disagreements that you might have with your neighbour as it can help you reach a point where you and your neighbour can live amicably alongside each other.