To renew your permit you need to provide
- your address
- your current permit number - this is printed on your permit and your reminder letter
- your Council Tax number - this is found on your Council Tax bill and will end in the last 2 digits of the Council Tax year
- your Council Tax number should have the prefix 9 and at the end the last two digits of the financial year. For example up until 31 March 2018 91234567817 and from 1 April 2018 91234567818
- which zone or priority parking area you live in - you can check this on our parking zone map or your existing permit
- your engine size (CC) if your vehicle was registered before 1 March 2001, or your CO2 emissions (g/km) if your vehicle was registered after 1 March 2001. You can find this by visiting the DVLA website. Please use engine size if the vehicle is a van
- if this is the 1st or 2nd permit for your household. 2nd permits incur an additional 25% charge
- the price of your permit. You can work this out before starting this application form by checking our parking permit prices page. As prices changes each April, your new permit price may be different from your existing one.
Your application should be made at least 7 working days in advance of the date for which the permit is required. Your permit will be issued to you by post. Your vehicle cannot be parked in a permit place unless a valid permit is clearly displayed.
If you have a Blue Badge then we presently can't accept renewals using this form. Please complete a residents parking permit application form instead.
If you require assistance with your application please call the Permit Section on 0131 469 3203.
We need to store your name, address and contact details in order to process this form. Your card details will be will be processed by Barclaycard SmartPay. Please read our privacy notice for more information about how we use your personal data.
Please note: This form will time out if you spend more than 15 minutes on a page.