Resident permit holders - change of details

You can use the online service NSL Apply to manage your permit details.

Apply at least seven working days before the date you need the permit. 

Change of vehicle

For permanent changes we need documentation linking you to the new vehicle, such as insurance, vehicle registration document or garage invoice.

If there will be an overlapping period when you will have two vehicles, we can issue a permit for up to five days. 

Please note that if you are changing to a diesel vehicle you will be subject to a £50 annual surcharge.

If you are replacing an existing diesel vehicle with another and have not already paid a surcharge you will be liable for the charge upon making the change.

Find out more information about the diesel surcharge

Please download our change of vehicle guide for assistance.

Change of address

We need to know of a change of address as soon as possible.

If you are moving house within the same zone we still need to know so we can update our records.

If you have a diesel vehicle and have been exempt from the surcharge, moving house will not affect your exemption.

However, please email us at so we can ensure this process goes smoothly for you.

The quickest way to link you to your new address is to confirm that you have registered there for Council Tax. You can still do this if you are a student exempt from Council Tax but registered at the address.

If you have not registered for Council Tax we need proof of address for the new property attached to your application. We will consider a

  • current lease, not form AT5
  • mortgage agreement signed within the last three months, not a mortgage offer
  • current bank statement or household bill showing address 
  • medical card.

Temporary permits

If you move house to another zone, we can issue a permit for the previous address for up to five days.  Find out more about temporary permits and how to request one.

Urgent applications

We try to process applications on the day of receipt however at busy times that may not be possible and we may move to an appointment based system if that enables us to provide a better service during these times.


If you no longer need your permit, please access your permit account and cancel the permit online. You should then complete and send us the permit refund form.

Download permit refund form (DOCX, 68 KB)

We refund you for every unused day from the date that we receive your permit, minus a £10 administrative charge. The quickest way for you to receive your refund is by BACS.

Residents' Parking

If you have any problems, please email us in the first instance. We will be able to resolve most issues this way.