The Advice Shop
help with welfare rights including income maximisation through welfare benefits, tax credits and grants
debt advice to resolve personal debt including credit cards, bank loans, rent arrears, personal loans, store cards, catalogues and mortgage arrears
help for people affected by cancer through information, advice and advocacy to access entitlements arising as a result of a cancer diagnosis and the extra costs of cancer.
Advice Line opening times
- Monday, Wednesday, Thursday 8.30am to 4.30pm
- Tuesday 10am to 4.30pm
- Friday 8.30am to 3.40pm
If you need urgent advice about benefits or debt please call 0131 200 2360
Advice in person
If you are unable to use a phone or the internet, you can visit an advisor in person at the Community Resilience Centres (CRCs). To book call the Advice Line (details above) or at a CRC.
Community Resilience Centres
- Wester Hailes - South West Locality Office, 10 Westside Plaza, EH14 2SP
- West Pilton Gardens – North West Locality Office, 8 West Pilton Gdns, EH4 4DP
- Captain's Road - South East Locality Office, 40 Captain’s Rd, EH17 8QF
- Craigmillar - North East Locality Office, 101 Niddrie Mains Road, EH16 4DS
- Leith - Criminal Justice/ Social Work Centre, Newkirkgate Shopping Centre Units C&D, Newkirkgate Shopping Centre, Edinburgh EH6 6AD
All the centres operate 10am to 4pm, with the exception of Craigmillar which operates 8.30am to 5pm Mon-Thurs and 8:30am to 4pm Friday.
Advice Shop bulletin
Our bulletin has news and information about welfare rights and debt advice.
Agencies providing welfare benefits and debt advice
Click the dots on the map below for services and contact details
Citizens Advice Bureau
The City of Edinburgh Council