Customer service standards
What you can expect
Customer care is very important to us, and we work to the following standards to seek to ensure that people have access to high quality information and advice in a way that is clear and easy to understand.
- answer the phone within a reasonable timescale, offering a callback service if you cannot wait for your call to be answered
- return your call within 1 working day
- help you with your query on the call if we can
Emailing or writing to us
- ensure our response is clear and easy to understand
- translate information into the appropriate language or format as needed
- respond to you within 5 working days
- enable clear and effective communication through interpretation or other services such as induction hearing loops
- give you information that meets your needs
- see you swiftly with minimal waiting time if dropping in
- see you promptly on time if you are attending an appointment
- have friendly public offices, with clean and tidy waiting areas and private rooms
Making a complaint
- try to resolve it on the spot
- respond to you within five working days if we can't resolve it straight away
- review your complaint if you are not satisfied and give you a final response within 20 working days.
You can make a comment or complaint on our website or speak with a member of staff.