Garden waste service

Garden waste registration is closed

Registration for the current garden waste service year opens on 22 July and will close on 1 September.  If you would like us to email you a reminder when registration opens, please register your interest below.

Register an interest in garden waste collections

The current service year for garden waste collections runs from 9 November 2020 to 7 November 2021.If you signed up in February, you’ll be sent your permit(s) between 15 and 26 March and the service will run from 30 March until 7 November 2021. Make sure you display your permit sticker on your brown bin before 30 March, as we can only empty bins with valid permit stickers

If you have not received your permit(s) please notify us within 28 days of the service start date. For February 2021 registrations please notify us before 26 April 2021.

You will be able to sign up to the next garden waste service year, which starts 8 November, in the summer.

Read the garden waste terms and conditions

You will need to renew your permit every year before it expires to continue receiving the service. 

Damaged or missing bins

If your garden waste bin is damaged or missing you can email waste to order a new bin.

You must give your full name and address with the reason for your request.

Moving house

You can transfer your permit to your new address when you move house. You must give us at least 6 weeks’ notice and take your brown bin and permit sticker with you when you move. Email waste to let us know.

Other ways to recycle

You can still recycle your garden waste by using a compost bin and our recycling centres .

Find out what happens to all the recycling and waste collected in Edinburgh.