Support for families

Dads and male carers

A family of two adults and two children smiling at the camera.

Activities for dads and their children to do together

Dads Rock

Dads Rock provides face-to-face and online parenting workshops. Topics include antenatal, feeding, First Aid, sleeping, hairstyle and Raising Children with Confidence Course. Support is available for both mums and dads.

For more information visit the Dad's Rock website or email 

07807 498 709.

Dads Rock Antenatal workshops

Dads Rock provides free face-to-face and online antenatal workshops for dads.

For more information visit the Dad's Rock website or email 

07807 498 709.

Perinatal support for dads

Dads Rock provides one-to-one support for new dads and dads-to-be experiencing anxiety or depression, having difficulty bonding with their baby, struggling with relationships or feeling isolated. A dad's WhatsApp group is also available. 

For more information visit the Dads Rock website or email

07807 498 709. 

Dads Rock playgroups

These are playgroups for dads and male carers and their children (aged 0 - 2 years) which run on Saturdays and Sundays at 10 am at 

Gorgie Memorial Hall 
338 Gorgie Road
EH11 2RQ

For more information and to book, visit the Dads Rock website or email

07807 498 709.

Dads and Tots

This is a free group for dads and their kids aged 0 to 5 years, a space for dads to spend some quality time with their children, with lots of toys to play with and space to run around. This is a great chance to get to know other dads. The group takes place on the third Saturday of the month between 10 am and 11.30 am at 

Kings Church
104 Gilmour Place

For more information email

Circle DADTastic - Fathers support group

Circle Haven offers support to fathers with children under the age of 12 years in the North Edinburgh area.

For more information contact 

07775 409301

Wellbeing and individual support and advice for dads and male carers

Young dads

Dads Rock offers one-to-one support for young dads, aged 30 or under. This support is face-to-face, and over the phone, with practical as well as emotional support. 

For more information visit the Dads Rock website or contact or 

07807 498 709.

Circle Harbour Father's Worker

The Father Support Worker offers individual and family support for fathers, affected by substance use, in their role as a parent.

For more information contact

07743 929 497.

Children 1st Child and Father Wellbeing support

This is support for dads and male carers around raising children with confidence and day-to-day parenting needs.

For more information email

Shared Parenting Scotland

Shared Parenting Scotland provides group meetings between 6 pm and 8 pm on the first Tuesday of every month with a family lawyer to help separated parents work through ways of building parenting time with their children. Please book beforehand. Sessions run at 

10 Palmerston Place
EH12 5AA 

Free online training on dealing with stress, communication skills after separation and money and debt is available on the Shared Parenting Scotland website.

For more information visit the Shared Parenting Scotland website or contact

0131 557 2440.

The Changing Room: Big Hearts in partnership with SAMH (Scottish Association for Mental Health)

Promoting positive men’s mental health through a connection with football. For men aged between 30 and 64, gives them a chance to be part of a team tackling mental health. Step down from the stands into the heart of the club, with access to parts of the stadium you don’t normally have the chance to see. A chance to join in with some banter, but also to talk about what’s going on in your head.

For more information visit the Big Hearts website.

Andy’s Man Club

This is a National Mental Health Support Talking group for men who have either been through a storm or have a storm brewing in life. Come along for mutual support. The group meets on Mondays at 7 pm to 9 pm at

North Merchiston Club
48 Watson Crescent
EH11 1EP.

For more information visit the Andy's Man Club website or email

Men’s Makers

A friendly men’s woodworking-making group followed by a shared meal on Wednesdays from 10 am to 2 pm at

30 Westburn Grove
EH14 2SA

Book to attend at the reception or email

0131 458 3267.

Men’s Green Shed

The Men’s Green Shed is a friendly and fun social group for men, (who do not need to have a shed), to get out and about exploring castles, galleries, islands, the countryside, industrial heritage sites and old railways that Edinburgh has to offer. The group runs on Mondays from 11 am to 4 pm. The meeting point is pre-arranged each week.  

For more information contact 

0757 976 9378

Men's Mental Health - Passion4Fusion

A safe culturally appropriate support group for African men in Edinburgh. Men can gain support from peers while enjoying sports, games and outdoor activities and exploring ways to improve their health and wellbeing.

For more information email

Father's Network Scotland Website 

A range of information and signposting for families and professionals to support dads in their role as fathers, to help them give their children the best possible start in life.

For more information visit the Father's Network Scotland website.