Benefits and debt advice - coronavirus update

Gas and electricity costs

If you are struggling to pay your energy bills then it is best to contact your supplier to ask for help to meet costs or arrange pre-payments. Make sure your supplier knows if anyone in your household is vulnerable such as

  • elderly
  • very young 
  • living with a chronic health condition.

Many banks are offering flexibilities and support. Check with your bank how they can assist.

Families with children eligible for free school meals will receive direct payments.