Edinburgh College - community based
- Part-time classes at all levels, from zero-beginners to advanced.
- Classes taught in community centres, libraries and other venues around the city.
- Timed to be accessible for parents with children at nursery/primary school.
- Semesters start in August and January – possible to join mid semester if places available.
- Learning is currently blended, with some online and in-person classes – moving back to more face-to-face.
- Free to asylum seekers and students on a low income or receiving certain benefits.
- Possible to gain SQA ESOL certificate in most classes.
- Childcare funding available.
- Support for students with additional learning support needs available.
- Smaller classes and extra support for literacy learners.
- Volunteer Home Tutor scheme for students who cannot attend classes.
- 20 hour volunteer training course - August and January.
Contact Aga Waszak to refer or register
Contact Justin Sales, Curriculum Team Manager for Community-based ESOL