Psychological Services during COVID-19
We understand that the situation with COVID-19 is a concerning time for everyone. With school closures, children and young people may feel particularly unsettled. Psychological Services are happy to offer advice and support at this time for
- parents and carers
- school staff and other professionals who would like support or advice in supporting the learning and wellbeing of our children and young people.
- older children and young people who would like advice on how they manage their home learning and wellbeing.
We are available Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm
0131 469 2800
Leave a message including your name, phone number and child’s school. One of our educational psychologists will call you back as soon as they can.
Follow us on Twitter @CEC_EPS for links to resources and advice.
All our schools, nurseries and establishments work with educational psychologists to help pupils that need support with their
We assess pupils to find what stage they are at with language, motor, personal and social skills. We speak with the pupil, their parents and their teachers. We look over the pupil’s work and may come to see them in class or another learning environment.
The support offered will be based on research and evidence and may include
- advice on changes to the curriculum
- intervention around learning and behaviour
- suggestions for creating a support plan.