A new coastal town for Scotland’s capital city
Granton Waterfront sits just three miles north of the city centre, in a ‘necklace’ of coastal communities from Cramond in the west to Portobello in the east. It is one of Scotland’s largest brownfield sites set on a dramatic urban coastal green space.
Our goal is to create sustainable growth and help Edinburgh become a greener, fairer economy. Granton Waterfront will be the blueprint in urban development and regeneration for Scotland. High quality design and place-making principles have been used to develop a framework for how Granton could look in the future.
So far, along with our partners, we’ve invested over £250 million in the surrounding neighbourhoods. Our plan is to deliver
- around 3,500 new net zero carbon homes
- business start- up space and commercial opportunities
- Europe’s largest coastal park through creating new and enhanced green spaces
- creative arts, culture and leisure space
- key services including a school and health centre.