Set up a Direct Debit
The simplest and most convenient way to pay your business rates is by Direct Debit.
Pay with a credit or debit card
Pay each instalment online using our online form.
Make a bank payment
Payment reference should be your 10 digit non-domestic (business rates) account number from the top right hand side of your bill.
Council's bank sort code 83 06 08 and account number 00740589.
Call our 24 hour payment line number and select option 4 for non-domestic (business rates).
0800 783 1719
You will need
- your debit card details
- your 10 digit non-domestic (business rates) account number from the top right hand side of your bill.
By postal order
To pay by postal order
- make your postal order payable to the City of Edinburgh Council
- post it to Income & Benefits, PO Box 59, Edinburgh, EH1 1UF
- write clearly your customer account number on the back of your postal order and the year your payment is for.
Please do not send us cash because it is not safe.
At the Post Office
You can pay at any Post Office using
- debit card
- credit card
- cheque made payable to 'Post Office Limited'
- payment card. To get or replace a payment card contact us.
You will need to provide your 10 digit non-domestic (business rates) customer account number which can be found at the top right hand side of your bill.
At a PayPoint
Pay at any PayPoint outlet by a payment card.
To get or replace a payment card, contact us. The card will show your name and non-domestic (business rates) account number, and it will last for several years. You need it to let the shop know which account you are paying into.
There is no limit to the amount you can pay. You cannot use a payment card at a bank or building society.