Before you book
Our recycling centres are open on an appointment only basis for cars, bicycles and vans. This is to help keep you and our staff safe and reduce the spread of coronavirus.
Please observe social distancing measures and wear a face covering on site. The way we manage our sites has changed and you should read all the information below before booking an appointment.
If you turn up without a booking you cannot enter the site.
If you or a member of your household have coronavirus symptoms you should not visit the sites. If you have already booked an appointment please cancel your booking and re-book once you are fit and well.
Our sites will be very busy so please consider:
- you must be a resident of the City of Edinburgh to book an appointment
- one in, one out policy to allow for social distancing
- you may have to wait before you can enter the site
- our staff won’t be able to help you unload at the site, so only bring what you can carry
- we may need to close our sites at short notice and will email you if this happens
- trailers and vans can now book specific time slots but will not be accepted outside these times.
- we have lifted the restriction on the number of times a car can book a visit.
Once you’ve booked a time slot we’ll send you a confirmation email. It may take a while for your email to arrive and in some cases it may go to your junk or spam folder.
When you arrive for your appointment you must follow our site rules, and note these additional restrictions:
- Slots are 30 minutes long. Arrive promptly for your slot. If you arrive too early, you must wait for your slot. If you arrive late, you cannot enter.
- We check the vehicle registration and only booked vehicles are allowed
- Observe physical distancing rules and wear a face covering.
- Traffic management measures are in place and you may need to queue.
- Remain in your vehicle until staff instruct you to unload your waste.
- Maximum two people are allowed out of the vehicle to unload items.
- Staff cannot help you unload – only bring what you can carry.
- Respect staff on site and follow their instructions – they are there to help.
Staff will ask what items you have and advise you to wait for an area to become free. They will then ask you to drive to an area where you can deposit your items.
Book a visit
By filling this form you consent to our terms and conditions.