Before you book
Our recycling centres are open on an appointment only basis for cars, bicycles and vans. This is to help keep you and our staff safe and reduce the spread of coronavirus.
Please observe social distancing measures and wear a face covering on site. You should read all the information below before booking an appointment.
If you turn up without a booking you cannot enter the site.
If you or a member of your household have coronavirus symptoms you should not visit the sites. If you have already booked an appointment please cancel your booking and re-book once you are fit and well.
Our sites may be busy so please consider:
- You must be a resident of the City of Edinburgh to book an appointment.
- Trailers and vans that comply with certain criteria can book specific time slots but will not be accepted outside these times.
- One in, one out policy to allow for social distancing.
- You may have to wait before you can enter the site.
- Our staff won’t be able to help you unload at the site, so only bring what you can carry.
- Once you’ve booked a time slot we’ll send you a confirmation email - it may take a while for your email to arrive and may go to your spam folder.
When you arrive for your appointment you must follow our site rules, and note these additional restrictions:
- Appointments are 30 minutes long. Please arrive promptly. If you arrive too early, you must wait. If you arrive late, you cannot enter.
- We check the vehicle registration and only booked vehicles are allowed.
- Observe physical distancing rules and wear a face covering.
- Traffic management measures are in place and you may need to queue.
- Maximum two people are allowed out of the vehicle to unload items.
- Staff cannot help you unload – only bring what you can carry.
- Respect staff on site and follow their instructions – they are there to help.
Staff will ask what items you have and direct you to an area where you can deposit your items.
Book a visit
By filling in this form you consent to our terms and conditions.