Before you book
Our recycling centres are open on an appointment only basis for cars, bicycles and vans. This is to help keep you and our staff safe and reduce the spread of Coronavirus. The way we manage our sites has changed and you should read all the information below before booking an appointment.
If you turn up without a booking you won’t be able to enter the site.
If you or a member of your household have Coronavirus symptoms, you should not visit the sites. If you have already booked an appointment, please cancel your booking and re-book once you are fit and well again.
Our sites will be very busy so please consider:
- you must be a resident of the City of Edinburgh to book an appointment
- one in, one out policy to allow for social distancing
- you may have to wait before you can enter the site
- our staff won’t be able to help you unload at the site, so only bring what you can carry
- we may need to close our sites at short notice and will email you if this happens
- trailers and vans can now book specific time slots from 22 June but will not be accepted outside these times.
- we have lifted the restriction on the number of times a car can book a visit.
Once you’ve booked a time slot we’ll send you a confirmation email. It may take a while for your email to arrive and in some cases it may go to your junk/spam email. When you arrive for your appointment you must follow our site rules.
- Slots are 30 minutes long. You must arrive promptly for your allocated booking slot. If you arrive too early, you will need to wait for your slot. If you turn up too late, you will not be allowed to enter.
- The vehicle registration will be checked and only booked vehicles allowed
- Remember that physical distancing rules apply on site.
- Traffic management measures will be in place and you may need to queue.
- Remain in your vehicle until site staff instruct you to unload your waste.
- Maximum two people are allowed out of the vehicle to unload items.
- Staff will not be able to help you unload – only bring what you can carry.
- Respect staff on site and follow their instructions – they are there to help.
Staff on the gate will ask what items you have and advise you to wait for an area to become free.
You will then be asked to drive to a numbered area where you can deposit your items
Access to Seafield household waste recycling centre has now returned to the normal access point on Seafield Road. Please don't try to access from Fillyside Road as this temporary access is now closed for visitors.
By filling this form you consent to our terms and conditions.