Our recycling centres are open for those who have booked appointments only.
Please observe social distancing measures and wear a face covering on site. Read the information and signage.
Only Edinburgh residents can use our recycling centres at
- Seafield HWRC, 76 Seafield Road, EH6 7LW
- Craigmillar HWRC, Old Dalkeith Road, EH16 4TB
- Sighthill HWRC, Bankhead Avenue, EH11 4EA.
All recycling centres are open 7 days a week for booked slots only.
Trailers and vans are only allowed to book visits from 8.30am until 10am.
Emergencies or severe weather may cause the centres to close at short notice.
Before accessing the centre you must read and accept the site rules:
- you must follow instructions given by staff for your safety
- children and animals must remain in your vehicle at all times
- only Edinburgh residents with their own household waste are allowed
- commercial, trade or business waste is not allowed
- you must observe speed limits and traffic flow signs - reversing is not allowed
- all waste must be sorted and deposited in the correct container
- only authorised contractors may remove materials
We prosecute anyone who threatens or assaults our staff.
Vehicles allowed into recycling centres
- Only Edinburgh residents in domestic or short term hire vehicles can use the recycling centres
- No vans are allowed at Craigmillar
- Trailers and vans are allowed at specific time slots, with other criteria, as specified below
Vehicles not allowed into recycling centres
- Liveried vans
- Any vehicle over 3.5 tonnes
- Flat-bed tipper / flat-bed transit style vehicles
- Luton vans
- Horse boxes
- Trailers that measure more than 6 feet by 4 feet, excluding the frame / tow hitches etc.
- Hire vans that are hired for a more than 5 days
- Any van that has had more than 12 visits in a twelve month period
Staff have the right to
- refuse access to anyone who fails to produce the correct documents
- refuse entry or deny tipping to any person they suspect of trying to deposit commercial waste, whether for disposal or recycling
- require suspected traders / carriers of commercial waste to complete a household waste declaration form to state that the waste is from their own domestic property – appropriate photo ID may be required to be shown to site staff when completing this form
- inspect the contents of any load
- visit any customer’s address, if they are suspected of bringing in commercial waste, to establish the origin of the waste
- ban, from all sites, any vehicle or customer suspected of ongoing illegal deposit of commercial waste.