We want to stop waste being created and encourage the reuse and refurbishment of goods. When this is not possible, we seek to recycle them, or recover the energy used to create the product.
The key points in our Waste and Recycling strategy are to
- change behaviour and attitudes in Edinburgh, to reduce the amount of waste being sent to landfill
- complement the Scottish Government's Zero Waste plan
- find out what's still in household waste bins that could be recycled
- promote waste reduction and reuse campaigns
- work in partnership with the community sector and other organisations.
Find out how you can reduce and reuse.
This strategy runs from 2010- 2025, but was reviewed in summer 2018.