Home library service
Royal Voluntary Service volunteers work in partnership with Edinburgh Libraries to provide library services to elderly, housebound or disabled readers.
Volunteering opportunities come up all the time. At the moment we are looking for a volunteer to assist with the Library Link at Newington Library. To find out more about these opportunities or for general enquiries contact Sarah between 9am and 4pm on Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays or Fridays
Macmillan cancer information and support volunteers
We are looking for caring individuals who have a few hours a week to volunteer supporting people affected by cancer.
We run drop in services in selected libraries across Edinburgh.
Full training is given and expenses are payable. To find out more contact
You could volunteer with our Get Online service delivering one to one support in one of our libraries or other community settings, to help people learn basic digital skills, such as
- using the internet, email and everyday apps
- communicating with friends and family online through social media and video calls
- staying safe online
- transacting online - using council and government services and banking/shopping
- creating documents and taking and sharing photos.
Skills you need
The opportunity will suit you if you
- are passionate about the digital world
- can demonstrate your knowledge and experience in digital or new technologies
- want to help us to reach the digitally excluded in their communities by advocating the benefits of digital, and signposting people to free training and resources available online and across the city
- are enthusiastic, reliable and friendly
- enjoy meeting people and working in a team
- have a good level of English language skills.
For more details email