Edinburgh Licensing Forum is recruiting members. Members keep the liquor licensing system in Edinburgh under regular review and stimulate debate on relevant issues.
We want to recruit members to represent
- each of the four localities
- the city centre (ward 11)
- the Edinburgh Association of Community Councils (EACC).
We also want to recruit six members from the licensed trade – both on and off-sales.
About the Edinburgh Licensing Forum
Edinburgh Licensing Forum is an advisory body set up by the Council as required by the Licensing (Scotland) Act 2005.
As a member, you should have a genuine interest in liquor licensing in Edinburgh.
Members should be able to
- respond to consultation exercises undertaken by the Licensing Board and the Scottish Government
- consider the implications of data and statistics for the liquor licensing system in Edinburgh
- give advice and make recommendations to the Licensing Board on relevant matters - not on specific Iicence applications.
Skills and qualities you need are
- the ability to contribute to group discussions
Length of appointment
Members are initially appointed for three years. On a rolling basis, one third of members will be reappointed every three years.
As a member, you will be expected to attend
- around six meetings per year, usually at the City Chambers on the High Street.
- a joint meeting of the Forum and the Licensing Board at least once per year.
What you can expect from us
- support or training – the Forum is provided with reasonable assistance by the Council.
- a clear description of your responsibilities, including the length of time we expect you to be involved.
- introduce you to Forum members and explain their roles
- treat you as an equal partner and take your views seriously
- send you meeting papers in your preferred format, at least one week before the meeting
- tell you what has happened as a result of your involvement
- consult you on decisions which affect you.
Your name will appear on notes of forum meetings which are available to the public.
Return the expression of interest form (DOCX) by 30 June 2022 if you are interested in becoming a member.
Email it to firstname.lastname@example.org or post it to
253 High Street
For informal discussions contact Isla Burton at email@example.com.