We believe in early intervention and prevention, working alongside communities to help get them the right support at the right time. We do this by working with individuals and families to
- address inequalities
- improve health and well-being
- build long-term community resilience
through family and housing support and community safety interventions.
The support we offer is agreed in partnership with those we support, creating holistic and tailored support plans to meet the needs of those who access our service. This can range from
- health and wellbeing
- neighbour disputes
- welfare benefits.
Volunteers will support
- communities by offering tailored support to those they are matched with
- individuals and families to work towards agreed outcomes to promote their health and well-being.
This is a fantastic opportunity for volunteers to gain valuable experience in
- supporting individuals and communities
- working in partnership with other services and organisations
- excellent training opportunities.
If you’re able to spare some time to work with us, you can play a vital role in making sure we’re doing everything we can to help Edinburgh’s citizens.
How we’ll support you
You’ll have a mentor who’ll keep in touch to support your volunteering experience.
Your mentor will make sure you have the right training, supervision and support. This is important as it helps you to
- develop as a volunteer
- stay involved with volunteering
- give children, young people, adults or families the most appropriate support.
We’ll also provide
- a warm welcome
- full induction and training, giving you the information you need about your role
- regular reviews of your duties
- peer support and regular supervision sessions with your mentor.
If you’re interested in volunteering with us, please email us and we will arrange to have an informal discussion with you via Microsoft Teams or telephone.