Helping you find trusted, reliable and vetted local traders
Edinburgh Trusted Trader is a local business partnership scheme aims to
- increase consumer confidence
- help protect citizens from doorstep crime
- promote good practice within local business.
0131 513 9921.
Review a trader
Once your trader has completed their work for you, leave a review, to help other customers.
Join Edinburgh Trusted Trader
Businesses from any service other than the food industry can apply to join and the sign-up process is straight forward.
0333 444 0195.
Trader feedback questionnaire
If you've recently joined our Trusted Trader scheme, please leave your feedback.
Edinburgh Trusted Trader is the only trader scheme in Edinburgh that is Council-backed, vetted by Trading Standards and supported by Police Scotland. It gives traders
- a higher profile and exposure across the city
- the ability to showcase official reviews and feedback
- a webpage on the "go to" list of Trading Standards vetted traders
- use of the Edinburgh Trusted Trader logo on materials and vehicles.
The Trading Standards Trusted Trader scheme was started by Dundee City Council in 2005 and is now being used by many local authorities. The Edinburgh Trusted Trader Scheme launched in June 2015.
In 2017, 94% of vetted trusted traders in Edinburgh saw scheme membership as a genuine benefit for their business. Some of our trusted traders have stated that the scheme is the largest source of their work requests.
The scheme administration is managed by Trusted Directory Services Ltd and supported by our Trading Standards service.