Catchment area maps
Every household in Edinburgh has a catchment area. The catchment area determines which schools you will be given a priority place. Going to a nearby school or nursery class or one which works with the school does not give you a priority place.
Find which schools are in your catchment area by using our interactive catchment map below.
Check what the catchment areas are for each school by downloading catchment maps below.
Your nearest school may not be your catchment school.
Most addresses have four catchment schools
- non-denominational (ND) primary school
- non-denominational secondary school
- Roman Catholic (RC) primary school
- Roman Catholic secondary school.
Changes to catchment areas
Any change to a school's catchment area is subject to a statutory consultation.
View current and closed consultations on the Consultation Hub.
To find your catchment schools
- enter your postcode or street name and press enter or click the magnifying glass to search
- select your address from the list of results
- select the type of school from the list below.
- click on the school name for more details.