School allocations for P1 and S1 places - August 2023
School placements decisions - 3 July 2023
We are in the process of dealing with all late placing requests received between 1 April 2023 and 2 July 2023.
Placing requests are now closed and any request should be made to the school directly when term begins on 16 August 2023.
Previous decisions were issued on
- 1 May 2023 for placing requests received between 25 December 2022 and 31 March 2023
- 24 March 2023 for placing requests received up to 24 December 2022.
In addition, on 24 March 2023 we answered catchment school requests received up to 24 December 2022 for
- all catchment Roman Catholic school requests
- all requests to change the preferred catchment secondary school.
Places in non-denominational catchment schools
Children registered for P1 by 24 December 2023 were guaranteed a place in one of their catchment schools.
P7 children due to go to high school were allocated a provisional place in their catchment high school.
We do not confirm these places by letter. Schools will contact parents to confirm places and arrange inductions before the end of May 2023.
All catchment places are reserved on the understanding children will be resident at the same address by the start of term in August 2023.
Places in Roman Catholic catchment schools
Children who are baptised in the Roman Catholic faith were guaranteed a place in their catchment Roman Catholic school if we received proof of baptism by 24 December 2023.
All decisions were notified by letter.
Turned down requests
If your request has been turned down, please read through your letter carefully. You can
- appeal against our decision to the Placing in Schools Appeal Committee
- ask us for a place in an alternative school which has available places.
Do not send your appeals to us as these are dealt with by our Committee Services divison.
Please read our frequently asked questions for more information about the process.