Watch Council debates online
We are committed to providing you with an open and visible decision-making process. At many Council meetings we make decisions on issues which touch on local and city-wide concerns. Our webcasts allow you to see how we reach these decisions, without having to attend in person.
Watch the webcast on your
- desktop computer
for up to five years afterwards.
Follow us on Twitter for details of the next webcast and other updates.
Register to receive email alerts that tell you when a new meeting agenda is available to view online. The agenda and reports are available six days before a meeting.
- Use #edinwebcast to share your views on Twitter
- Email your feedback on firstname.lastname@example.org
- Submit comments using the feedback link beneath the webcast
Webcasting is live or recorded video made available on the web. From two days after a meeting, you will be able to watch archived footage. This will stay online for five years. You don't need to watch the whole video, you can skip to the relevant agenda item or topic.
The Council is webcasting all full Council meetings, with four cameras filming the main Council Chamber.
We also webcast all the Executive Committees of the Council, as well as
- Development Management Sub-Committee
- Governance, Risk and Best Value Committee.
- Local Review Body Panels 1 and 2