The LEZ boundary circles the city centre from:
- Tollcross in the south
- to Palmerston Place in the west
- along Queen Street in the New Town
- to Picardy Place
- around Abbeyhill and onto Holyrood Road
- along the Pleasance in the east
- before heading back along the Meadows to Tollcross.
The boundary itself is not within the LEZ. All vehicles may drive around the boundary, including non-compliant vehicles
We will install cameras and signage in the run-up to enforcement which will start on 1 June 2024. Enforcement will only take place within the zone itself.
Before June 2024, we will make some changes to roads, traffic signals and pedestrian crossings to improve the flow of road users around the city centre. Find out more about our plans to put these changes in place.