The LEZ boundary circles the city centre from:
- Tollcross in the south
- to Palmerston Place in the west
- along Queen Street in the New Town
- to Picardy Place
- around Abbeyhill and onto Holyrood Road
- along the Pleasance in the east
- before heading back along the Meadows to Tollcross.
We will install cameras and signage in the run-up to enforcement which will start on 1 June 2024. This gives drivers time to prepare for the LEZ.
Before June 2024, we will make some changes to roads and traffic signals to improve the flow of traffic around the city centre. Find out more about our plans to put these changes in place.