We are working with community councils, landowners, and other stakeholders to regenerate the Seafield area of Edinburgh.
The emerging City Plan for Edinburgh sets out the below principles for the regeneration of Seafield
- A housing–led mixed use urban extension with a sense of community that can connect with neighbouring areas and the wider city.
- Appropriate mass, scale, height and layout of new development, having regard to views to it from the Firth of Forth.
- Ensure all homes are adequately served by play facilities and have access to open space in line with the Council’s Open Space Strategy.
- Deliver a sustainable drainage systems (SuDS) solution to serve both the site and surrounding area.
- Provision of sustainable travel infrastructure, including where possible use of existing rail infrastructure.
A sounding board has been formed to help guide the regeneration.