We are preparing a new Local Development Plan for Edinburgh called City Plan 2030. This will set out policies and proposals for development in Edinburgh between 2020 and 2030. The main issues report for our next Local Development Plan - Choices for City Plan 2030 – was approved by Planning committee on Wednesday 22 January 2020. The consultation on Choices began on Friday 31 January 2020.
Choices for City Plan – consultation update (25 March 2020)
We know the current health emergency is affecting everyone. We want everyone to have a chance to give their views on two important plans that will shape how we live and work in the city in the future. You can now respond to Choices for City Plan and its environmental report until 30 April 2020.
- respond to the Choices for City Plan 2030 consultation
- download Choices for City Plan
- view the Committee report
- download the background documents to the Choices to City Plan - PDFs
- download City Plan 2030 commercial needs studies - PDFs.
A new Development Plan Scheme outlining the proposed schedule to take City Plan 2030 to the Proposed Plan stage will be presented to Committee later in 2020.
Keep up to date with the project and any changes by
- subscribing to our blog
- following us on twitter at @planningedin
- joining in the conversation by using the #cityplan2030 hashtag.