Edinburgh Project SEARCH (EPS) provides employment and learning opportunities for young people with a disability.
It is a partnership between
- The City of Edinburgh Council
- Edinburgh College
- NHS Lothian
- Virgin Hotels.
What you will do
Starting in August and lasting one college year, you will
- attend every Monday to Friday
- complete three different internships
- complete five hours at the internship and two hours in the training room each day
- work towards a qualification and Project SEARCH course work
- gain skills needed for work.
A tutor and job coaches are based on site to provide classroom learning and support. Outcome results are very high with 60 to 100% moving into paid jobs.
- be between 16 and 29 years old
- want to secure a full time job (16+ hours)
- live within Edinburgh and the Lothians
- have a recognised disability
- be able to commit full time for one year
- be able to travel alone or learn how to do this.
We are hosting information events to tell everyone what the programme is, how it works and how to apply.
- Tuesday 21 February, 3pm, online – MS Teams.
- Thursday 23 February, 6pm, Edinburgh Council Waverley Court Office, 4 East Market Street, Edinburgh EH8 8BG
- Monday 27 February, 6pm, Edinburgh Council Waverley Court Office, 4 East Market Street, Edinburgh EH8 8BG
- Wednesday 1 March, 6pm, Edinburgh Council Waverley Court Office, 4 East Market Street, Edinburgh EH8 8BG
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 0131 529 3157 to attend one of these events.
Our 2023/24 programme will begin in August 2023. Applications are being accepted until 12pm on Friday 21 April 2023. You will need to complete and return the Edinburgh Project SEARCH application form and apply via the Edinburgh College website.