We are currently receiving a high volume of planning applications and we may not be able to meet our statutory timescales for determination. We would ask for your patience at this time, as we work hard to reduce the backlog. If you have recently submitted a planning application, please pay particular attention to your acknowledgement letter.
Sign up to the Planning Edinburgh blog for the latest updates on our service.
Due to Covid, we are only supporting online submissions via the eDevelopment portal, which includes an online card payment option. Our front counter is closed and we are not accepting paper submissions.
Information on Planning applications
- Apply for a certificate of lawfulness
- Apply for advert consent
- Apply for conservation area consent
- Apply for listed building consent
- Apply for major development planning permission
- Apply for planning permission
- Get involved in major development proposals
- View and comment on planning applications
- Planning weekly lists