Stay safe, mind your distance and consider others
With more of us choosing to walk or cyle, our city network of off-road paths are busier than ever. Exercise is so important for our health and wellbeing so we want everyone to be able to enjoy it in safety and comfort.
When out and about this summer, please look out for each other and
- give each other space
- take it easy and slow right down when on your bike on a shared path
- stay left and pass on the right
- keep your dog on a lead in busy areas
- stay alert, especially if using headphones or your phone
- remember that not all disabilities are visible - slow down and give enough warning.
Please make sure you stay up to date with the latest Covid-19 advice fron the Scottish Government.
- Use your bell to let people know you are there well in advance, especially at blind corners
- Give others space
- Don't pass at speed
- At night - avoid dazzling others with your lights: dip, dim, don't strobe
Walkers and runners tips
- Listen for cyclists' bells
- Allow cyclists to pass
- At night, think about whether you are visible to others
Dog walkers tips
- Keep dogs on a short lead or close to heel
- Clean up after your dog
- At night, use a reflective collar or coat on your dog.