Complain about noise from railway, traffic and aircraft

If you have a complaint about railway or train noise you should contact the Network Rail helpline

03457 11 41 41.

Traffic / roads

We can't take action against general traffic noise. If the noise is caused by a road defect you can report a problem with a road or pavement. Police Scotland are the enforcing authority for noisy or adapted vehicle exhausts and use of car horns, and can be contacted by calling


Aircraft / helicopters

If you have a complaint about flights going in or out of Edinburgh airport you should contact the airport

0800 731 3397.

If your complaint is about helicopters or other aircraft you should contact the Civil Aviation Authority

0207 379 7311.