Make a subject access request

Make a request for care records

Make a request for care records  

If you were in care or looked after or boarded out in Edinburgh as a child, you have the right to see information collected about you.  

We understand that accessing this type of information can be difficult and it is a good idea to have support through the process. If you wish for help with this, please let us know and we can provide a service to support you. Use of this service is free.   

We always want to make sure that we are communicating with you in the way that you want. Please let us know if you wish for us to correspond with you either by letter, by email or by telephone.

Use the subject access process to request your information.  

Freedom of information team

Telephone: 0131 200 2340