Public toilets were closed in March across Scotland due to Covid-19 regulations and most of them remain closed.
There is no statutory requirement for local authorities to provide public toilets and the Scottish Government does not help to support this service therefore we are unable to open as many toilets as we’d like to.
To ensure you keep safe, we will be providing enhanced cleaning, as well as enabling physical distancing, which needs many more staff, so we are only able to open toilets that we have identified are in locations where they would be most needed and are big enough to allow for safe use. The toilets below are open:
- South Queensferry (Hawes Pier)
- Bruntsfield Links - has disabled toilet
- The Meadows (East) - has disabled toilet
- Portobello Prom (Pipe Lane) - has disabled toilet
- Princes Street Gardens (Ross Bandstand) - has disabled toilet
- Saughton Park - has disabled toilet
Toilets will be open from 11am to 6pm
Toilets may need to be closed at short notice.
Please expect restrictions on the number of people that can use the facilities.
If you develop Covid-19 symptoms after using a public toilet please check test and protect.