Arrangements for responding to outbreaks of human communicable diseases, such as
- pandemic influenza
- viral haemorrhagic fever
- swine and bird flu
are kept under review.
We check for outbreaks of contagious diseases and receive regular updates from the NHS, Health Protection Scotland, local health boards and the Animal and Plant Health Agency (APHA).
- The UK and Scottish Government provide details on planning for pandemic flu and travel advice by country.
- The World Health Organisation provides news on disease outbreaks worldwide.
- Health Protection Scotland publish material and resources, including information and advice on Covid-19.
- NHS Inform provides the latest information on Covid-19 from NHS Scotland and the Scottish Government.
- APHA provides guidance on the signs of bird flu and how to report it in poultry and other captive birds.