The 'Be Bright Be Seen' campaign is run by the Streets Ahead road safety partnership.
- be aware of other road users - their ability to see you may be reduced
- look out for each other when using the road space we share
- make sure you can be seen by other road users
- make sure you can be seen - use reflective or bright accessories
- use safe crossing points
When using a bicycle on roads:
- it's the law to use front and rear lights and reflectors
- we encourage you to use high visibility accessories
- remember that cycling is not allowed on pavements, unless blue circular shared use signs are displayed.
- look out for all road users
- obey speed limits, take note of 20mph speed limits
- give plenty of space to cyclists
- make sure all your lights are working
- clear windscreen and windows before starting your journey
Interested in running an event to spread this message in your workplace? We can support you with this. Contact Edinburgh Workplace Travel Planning team.