The 'Be Bright Be Seen' campaign is run by the Streets Ahead road safety partnership.
- be aware of other road users - their ability to see you may be reduced
- look out for each other when using the road space we share
- make sure you can be seen by other road users
- make sure you can be seen - use reflective or bright accessories
- use safe crossing points
When using a bicycle on roads:
- it's the law to use front and rear lights and reflectors
- we encourage you to use high visibility accessories
- remember that cycling is not allowed on pavements, unless blue circular shared use signs are displayed.
- look out for all road users
- obey speed limits, take note of 20mph speed limits
- give plenty of space to cyclists
- make sure all your lights are working
- clear windscreen and windows before starting your journey