People charged with an offence

If you are charged with an offence, you may have to appear in court. If so, you may need a lawyer and might qualify for legal aid.

The court may bail you out while your case is being dealt with and put you on bail supervision. This means you meet with a justice worker and look at any problems in your life that cause you to offend.

The procurators fiscal may divert your case from prosecution. A report would be written by a justice worker to look at

  • the offence
  • the reasons it happened
  • any difficulties you may have
  • what services are available to prevent reoffending.

Criminal Justice services

Address: Grindlay Street Court,