Swap your home

A mutual exchange is a quick way for Council or Housing Association tenants to swap homes with each other.

You could swap homes if you

  • want to live in a different area
  • are worried about living in a home that is too big
  • are struggling to afford your rent
  • need a bigger home.

House Exchange is a website for Council or Housing Association tenants who want to swap homes.

It's free to sign up with House Exchange. You will need to give details about

  • yourself
  • your home
  • the type of home you're looking for. 

Once you have your login details, you can search the website to find someone to swap homes with.

If you need help to register or if you would like more information, contact your landlord or the EdIndex team

0131 529 5080


You can also advertise your home yourself, by displaying an advert in local shops for example.

You need your landlord's permission before you swap your home.