Apply for person in receipt of Child Benefit Council Tax discount

You may get a 25% discount on your Council Tax bill if you receive Child Benefit for someone who is 18 or over and who is living with you. You must otherwise be the only other adult in your home.

Before you start

You will be given a web reference number when you submit your form. This number will also be sent to you in a confirmation email. 

You must send evidence of the Child Benefit payment and include your web reference number to

Income and Benefits
The City of Edinburgh Council
PO Box 12331

Your request will be processed within 14 days.

Please note: This form will time out if you spend more than 10 minutes on a page.