Blue Badge parking
If you're a driver or a passenger and you have mobility issues, you may be eligible for a Blue Badge. You can check if you are eligible for a Blue Badge on the Scottish Government website.
Apply for a Blue Badge
Please include full contact information with your application as Blue Badge renewal notifications are no longer being sent via post. These are now only being sent via email or text.
Apply for a at risk criteria Blue Badge
If you are applying for a Blue Badge for a person who because of a mental condition lacks awareness of danger from traffic and is likely to compromise their safety or the safety of others, please apply under the at risk criteria.
Please contact Travel concessions for the form.
Renew a Blue Badge
A Blue Badge renewal application should be made three months before the current badge expires.
Renewal notifications are no longer sent via post. These will be sent via email or text. Please include this contact information in your application.
Parking attendant's in Edinburgh have been advised not to issue parking tickets to vehicles displaying expired blue badges until 30 November 2020.
Pay for a Blue Badge
If you applied without making a payment when you submitted your application you please pay for your Blue Badge.
Where you can park with a Blue Badge
With a Blue Badge you can park free of charge and without a time limit on street in Edinburgh
- in public and shared on-street parking bays
- on single or double yellow lines when loading is allowed
- in greenways parking places when parking is allowed
- in disabled parking bays.
You should not park
- in bus lanes during the hours of operation
- in cycle lanes
- on single or double red lines during the hours of operation
- on zig-zag pedestrian crossings at school entrances
- in bus stops
- in parking spaces for residents, motorcycles and city car club users
- in suspended parking bays
- any place where traffic or emergency vehicles might be held up
- at dropped kerbs
- in public parking places on main traffic routes when loading is prohibited.
If you live in an area where there are on street residents' parking spaces you may be able to apply for a free residents permit. You can check whether you are eligible and apply online with our new service, NSL Apply.
Travel concessionsAddress: FREEPOST 242
If you have any problems, please email us in the first instance at [email protected] We will be able to resolve most issues this way. Alternatively, you can contact us by phone on 0131 469 3203 if the issue is urgent. Please note our phone lines are open Mon, Wed, Thurs & Fri from 8.30am to 1pm and 9.30am to 1pm on a Tues. The lines will be busy.