Blue Badge parking
If you're a driver or a passenger and you have mobility issues, you may be eligible for a Blue Badge. You can check if you are eligible for a Blue Badge on the Scottish Government website.
Applying for a Blue Badge
You can apply for a Blue Badge online on the Scottish Government website.
Applying for a Blue Badge for At Risk Criteria
If you are applying for a blue badge for a person who because of a mental condition lacks awareness of danger from traffic and is likely to compromise their safety or the safety of others please apply under the At Risk Criteria using the form which can be obtained from Travel Concessions using the contact details at the foot of this page.
Pay for a Blue Badge
If you applied without making a payment when you submitted your application you can pay for your Blue Badge online.
Where you can park with a Blue Badge
With a Blue Badge you can park free of charge and without a time limit on street in Edinburgh
- in public and shared on-street parking bays
- on single or double yellow lines when loading is allowed
- in greenways parking places when parking is allowed
- in disabled parking bays.
You should not park
- in bus lanes during the hours of operation
- in cycle lanes
- on single or double red lines during the hours of operation
- on zig-zag pedestrian crossings at school entrances
- in bus stops
- in parking spaces for residents, motorcycles and city car club users
- in suspended parking bays
- any place where traffic or emergency vehicles might be held up
- at dropped kerbs
- in public parking places on main traffic routes when loading is prohibited.
If you live in an area where there are on street residents' parking spaces. You may be able to apply for a free residents permit. You can check whether you are eligible and apply online with our new service, NSL Apply.
Travel concessionsAddress: FREEPOST 242