Who can apply
To apply for a grant you need to be
- 16 or over
- on a low income or receiving benefits (Universal Credit, Income Support, Job Seekers Allowance, or Pension Credit).
You must apply to the Council where you live or where you intend to live if you are leaving hospital, prison or residential care.
- have an immediate need
- are vulnerable due to old age, ill health or another reason
- face significant adverse consequences if the grant is not given.
Who won't qualify
You won't qualify for a grant if you have
- already applied for the same item in the last 28 days, unless your circumstances have changed
- made a claim for a Department of Work and Pensions (DWP) benefit and it's delayed. You can apply for a Short-term Advance instead.
Self-Isolation Support Grant
If you have been told to self-isolate and meet the following criteria you may be eligible for a £250 grant
- have been told to self-isolate by NHS Test and Protect
- are in receipt of low income benefits
- will lose income from employment as a result