Granton Station: full steam ahead
Work will start by early 2021 to bring the historic former Granton Station building back into use as a high-quality creative workspace. The derelict land in front of the building will once again be used as a public square for community events and recreation to be enjoyed by residents and visitors to the area.
The aims of the project are to
- deliver a new creative hub serving the Granton Waterfront which will
- create new jobs
- provide affordable space for businesses, social enterprises, and artists
- help build community wealth and resilience
- sensitively restore the ‘B’ listed Granton Station building to its former glory
- attract additional support to Waterfront Broadway local centre
- deliver a new plaza for
- community events
- new green spaces.