Apply for a vacancy
All jobs are advertised on the myjobscotland website. If you’ve seen an opportunity you’re interested in, apply now!
Each job advertised will have a 'job profile'. It describes the responsibilities for that role and the qualifications, skills, and experience necessary. When you complete your application form, it's important to check back to the job profile, as it will be used by the interview panel to decide if you have the necessary skills and experience to be asked for an interview.
Application form guidance
- Qualifications section: Record details of your further education and qualifications related to the role you're applying for. Put these in order, from the most recent. If you're applying for an entry level role or you don't have further education qualifications, then include your secondary school qualifications.
- Work history section: List your current employment and at least three years' previous employment. You're asked to include a brief description of responsibilities, experience, and knowledge gained. This is a free text box and is your chance to note down your experience based on your previous jobs and what duties you were responsible for.
All 32 Scottish Councils advertise their job vacancies on myjobscotland, so to get started you'll need to set up an account and complete an online application form. As part of the online application form you need to go through the following five sections.
- Personal Information: Contact details, home address, and most recent job title and employer.
- Application Form: Qualifications, work history, professional memberships, relevant courses, and contact details for the person giving you a reference.
- Additional Information: Series of questions relating to your skills, experience, work achievements, and personal qualities.
- Equal Opportunity Questionnaire: This section captures information about the people who apply for our roles. If you choose to provide this information it will be treated in the strictest confidence. It's not available to view by the people reviewing your application.
- Data Privacy Statement: Details of how your personal information is stored or shared, and requires your consent.
Once you submit your application, you'll receive an email to confirm we've received it. The next email you get will let you know if you've been successful in moving to the next stage and getting an interview.
You can log in to your myjobscotland account to check the status of your application. If you decide to apply for another role, the details you already entered will be saved (so you don't have to type twice) but remember and review your new application to make sure it's still relevant and suitable to the new role you're applying for.