This guidance is for City of Edinburgh Council employees who do not have a council email address.
Access to systems and communications
Provide your personal email address and mobile phone number on our online form to receive access to:
- our intranet (the Orb), where you can read information on our rewards including pay, benefits and holidays, employee communications, wellbeing initiatives, as well as guidance and support on all our policies and procedures
- myLearning Hub, our online learning system
- askHR, our online HR helpdesk which lets you raise questions directly with Human Resources
- your monthly payslip sent by secure email at least three days before you get paid. You'll need to provide a password for this on the form
- other systems as and when these become available.
How to sign-up
Fill in all the details on the first page. You'll need a personal email address, and have your National Insurance number and employee number (also known as your payroll number) handy.
Once you've completed the form, allow 7 working days for system access to be granted.
By signing-up, your helping to contribute to our commitment in the Council’s print and digital mail strategy which focuses on creating a print environment that reduces costs and print volumes, reduces our carbon footprint, and ultimately helps move us towards our end goal of Net Carbon Zero.
Personal information will be stored confidentially on our HR and payroll system, in line with the UK General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR).
If you would like further information only please email