Working in Edinburgh
We’re looking for individuals to join our professional team of Cleaning Operatives and Facilities Technicians in local schools and buildings across the city. We have 100+ part-time cleaning posts, both permanent and fixed term, as well as both full and part-time Facilities Technician posts.
We’ve got the job for you
You'll join our excellent team and be based at one of our locations across the city.
As a Cleaning Operative with the Council, you'll be a key member of our Facilities Management team. You'll deliver an enhanced cleaning service across our estate to ensure our properties are safe and clean environments to work in. We're particularly interested in people who have experience in cleaning.
You'll carry out day to day facilities management, janitorial and DIY operations across one or more buildings, ranging from small repairs and general maintenance to reactive cleaning, supporting moves and basic security functions.
Why work with the Council?
We offer great benefits and conditions:
- above market rates - Cleaning Operative £18,297 - £18, 579 (pro rata), Facilities Technician £19,424 - £21,828 (pro rata)
- flexible hours to suit (morning, evening or daytime) from 10 - 36 hours
- sessional hours (schools term only) available on some posts
- paid annual leave
- excellent pension scheme
- opportunities to progress your career
- colleague discount scheme
We offer an environment in which workers are valued and respected with a key focus on training and development.
Closing date: 7 May 2021