Make a positive difference in someone’s life
In Health and Social Care we support adults and elderly people. We believe that early intervention and prevention can bring a positive change to people’s lives. And we see volunteering as an important part of our preventative services.
By volunteering with us you can bring something special to the lives of individuals we work with. Volunteering gives a real opportunity to offer more flexible and person-centred support. It promotes choice, independence, empowerment, and respect.
Our opportunities offer to support people who
- have caring responsibilities (unpaid carers)
- are socially isolated
- have a learning disability
- are elderly
- have progressive condition
All of ours volunteering opportunities take place in the community.
Our volunteers have access to training, ongoing support, and supervision.
By volunteering with us you can make a real difference in someone’s life. You will also help us to shape more tailored and flexible services with everyone in mind.
Contact us to have an informal chat.
What you can gain from volunteering
- Develop new skills and get access to training
- Get experience in Health and Social Care
- Meet new people and built meaningful relationships
- Give something back to your community
- Become a valued support in a person's life.
What the person you support can gain
- Increased self-esteem and confidence
- Reduced social isolation
- Access to a range of supported new social activities across the city
- Independence and empowerment
- Ability to carry on doing things they enjoy but may find difficult to do without support.