Home library service
Royal Voluntary Service volunteers work in partnership with Edinburgh Libraries to provide library services to elderly, housebound or disabled readers.
If you have 3 hours a fortnight to give, contact
0131 220 2194 or 07736 924099
between 9am and 2pm, Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday.
Macmillan cancer information and support volunteers
We are looking for caring individuals who have a few hours a week to volunteer supporting people affected by cancer.
We run drop in services in selected libraries across Edinburgh.
Full training is given and expenses are payable. To find out more contact
You could volunteer with our Get Online service delivering one to one support over the phone, via video or in one of our libraries or other community settings, to help people learn basic digital skills, such as:
- using the internet, email and everyday apps
- communicating with friends and family online through social media and video calls
- staying safe online
- transacting online - using council and government services and banking/shopping
- creating documents and taking and sharing photos.
Skills you need
The opportunity will suit you if you:
- are passionate about the digital world
- able to demonstrate your knowledge and experience in digital or new technologies
- want to help us to reach the digitally excluded in their communities by advocating the benefits of digital, and signposting people to free training and resources available online and across the city
- are enthusiastic, reliable and friendly
- enjoy meeting people and working in a team
- have a good level of English language skills.
For more details email