Report a trading standards issue anonymously

Trading Standards are responsible for ensuring a fair and safe trading environment across the City of Edinburgh.

You can report an issue regarding unfair trading practices, counterfeit goods, unsafe products or the sale of age restricted products.

Please do not use this form for consumer complaints as we do not provide consumer advice - you will not receive a response. If you have a consumer complaint you should contact the Advice Direct Scotland. If your complaint is about businesses operating from a domestic property, please use the planning enforcement reporting form instead.

You can report any suspect trading activity outside of Edinburgh to the Advice Direct Scotland who will pass the information on to the relevant local Trading Standards service.

Before you start

It is helpful if you can provide the traders name and address, and as much detail as possible regarding the issue you wish to report.

Please note: This form will time out if you spend more than 10 minutes on a page.