Objectives and monitoring
What we aim to achieve with the LEZ
We will monitor and evaluate the LEZ against objectives which were agreed by the Council’s Transport and Environment Committee.
This includes how much the LEZ contributes towards:
- meeting the air quality objectives set out in Section 87(1) of the Environment Act (1995)
- reducing emissions to meet Part 1 of the Climate Change (Scotland) Act 2009
- measure the impact of traffic across the city as driver’s change their behaviour
- aim to reduce the impacts and support people to change the way they travel
- measure the number of people and businesses that receive LEZ support funding
- check that the LEZ is working towards these goals we have set for air quality, climate change and traffic.
An awareness and understanding report summarises perspectives towards LEZ, from a representative sample of 600 drivers interviewed in Edinburgh (June 2022).