National Entitlement Card
The National Entitlement Card (NEC) is for
- young people
- older people
- people with a disability.
- apply for a new over 60s bus pass
- apply for a Young Scot card
- apply for a new disabled bus pass
- request a photo update
- request a replacement card
- apply to renew an expired / expiring card
on the Get Your NEC website.
For all other bus passes, please email your details to
If you're unable to apply online, you can book an appointment to visit one of our libraries. More information about opening times and appointments can be found on our library website.
If the ticket machine can’t read your card, ask the bus driver to swap it for a seven-day travel pass. This will not include any companion element. On trams, you will have to pay the full fare until you get a new card. If the card is damaged, full fare will need to be paid until you receive your new card.
Waverley Court C3, 4 East Market Street, Edinburgh, EH8 8BG