Privately owned trees and woodlands

Report unauthorised work to trees

Before reporting unauthorised work, you should check if the tree is protected and whether the works have permission. 

You can search for protected trees using the map below. 

If you are using a tablet or smartphone please use the mobile friendly version of the map.

You can check to see if works have permission by using the address search on our online planning records.

If the works are currently underway without permission, you can report unauthorised works to

If the works have been completed, you can report this using our online planning enforcement form.

Please provide details such as the address, a description of the tree and the surrounding area. Photographs would be helpful.